GideonTech.com Forums

• April 19, 2019, 11:32:38 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: $20 bill gets a facelift  (Read 4318 times)

RaDragon

• Elite Modder
  • Tee hee hee.
    • RaDragon.com
$20 bill gets a facelift
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2003, 12:05:56 AM »

Quote from: snow veil
well of course new money is going to look fake...it's new!  If you're not used to seeing it, you'll double take instead of just grabbing it up and crimpling it into your pocket.

With all of the ever-changing bill forms, however, doesn't it almost create an easier solution for counterfeiting?  A store very well can't turn away a bill just because it's not the newest issue, so that pretty much gives counterfeiters a pick of all of the different bill forms in circulation to mimic.

just my 2 cents.

i've never heard of stores turn away "old" money. anyway, the reason why the $20 is the first bill that is "upgraded" is because it is historically (since the $20 was introduced anyway) the most used bill compared to the $5 bill, $100, and $1 bills... :)

snow veil

• Elite Modder
$20 bill gets a facelift
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2003, 10:33:05 AM »

heh ra, I'm saying that because there are so many different versions of the $20 bill in circulation, it's easier to counterfeit.  If I were so inclined to counterfeit a $20 bill, I could take my pick of all of the ones in circulation to spot out the easiest.

I can agree with that statement that the $20 is widely used....we get a bunch of them in at rat shack, probably more than any other bill save the $1.

I LOVE ED

• Elite Modder
  • I am this forum's personal El Guapo
    • x24
$20 bill gets a facelift
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2003, 10:36:25 AM »

That's probably because atms spit out 20's.  (the local atm i go to is three stores down from the radioshack :D)
My latest hobby: Down-voting QDB quotes from #geekissues.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.093 seconds with 20 queries.