GideonTech.com Forums

• October 17, 2019, 07:37:28 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Zalman HSFs  (Read 1500 times)

KoRn Addict

• Elite Modder
  • It's not METAL enough!
Zalman HSFs
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2003, 07:11:34 PM »

yes, that is how a brushless system works, this one is just, well, spread out a bit further

viridius

• Elite Modder
  • You know what I mean.
    • http://www.getyourlanon.com
Zalman HSFs
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2003, 07:31:37 PM »

Actually, a lot of conventional fans are brushless.  That just means that the commutator doesn't use carbon brushes to transfer power to the rotor.  According to Thermalright, the SLK-800 and 900 have holes for mounting TMD fans.
"I'm totally going to send ninjas after you." - BalefireX

HonestJhon

• Senior Modder
Zalman HSFs
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2003, 02:49:21 AM »

umm....its been a while since ive been posting here, but ive seen several posts of thie fuSER guy saying how great the gc68 is..
the only reason you get "good temps" is because you have air cooling the PCB, which throws the SOCKET THERMISTOR temps off drastically.  therefore cheating the temps...
the vantec aeroflow does it somewhat too, due to its design, same with the AX-7, but those are much better heatsinks, and will actually cool better than a gc68.
there is a reason why the gc68 is so cheap. ;)
and a reason why the mcx-462 is so expensive....

i hope no one went out and bought a gc68 thinking that they were getting a dominating heatsink...cause they will be dissapointed, and wish they had bought some ramen or something instead of that heatsink.

not to say SVC is bad....its just that heatsink has its place, and its not in an overclocked, or really high perfomance system....
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 19 queries.