GideonTech.com Forums

• September 23, 2019, 01:36:23 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: 1100 CFM!!!!!!  (Read 3651 times)

qscwdvefzrax

• GT Fanatic
question
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2003, 01:09:07 AM »

Does anyone know at what cfm components (like capacitors) will start to be blown off the circuit-boards in the case?

Squeak

• Senior Modder
1100 CFM!!!!!!
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2003, 01:46:56 AM »

i disagree with the matrix
hearing damage is caused by the hairs in the cochlea(i think) vibrating too much to the extent that they break off and then they dont vibrate and tell ur brain what you are hearing.

kickyourfaceoff

• Senior Modder
    • http://www.livejournal.com/userinfo.bml?user=johnnyfro
Re: question
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2003, 09:18:48 AM »

Quote from: qscwdvefzrax
Does anyone know at what cfm components (like capacitors) will start to be blown off the circuit-boards in the case?

way more CFM than yoou need

merlinicorpus

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Modder
  • One with the corn.
    • merliniworks
1100 CFM!!!!!!
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2003, 09:29:34 AM »

Well, its not so much caps and stuff I would worry about being blown off.  I would worry more about things like RAM and expantion cards.  But if your anywhere near the kind of CFM that you would be worried about that, you have way too big of a fan.  With that kind of CFM you create a lot more problems than you solve.  Basically the more air you move over something the closer to ambient temp you can get it, right up to a point.  After that, vertical sheer litterally creates a blanket of trapped air on the surface, with will actually heat up components.  And it takes suprisingly little force to do that.

Guycaico

• Senior Modder
1100 CFM!!!!!!
« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2003, 09:58:33 AM »

I am sorry but putting a fan like that in your PC is pointless. you should use that thing for a "food processor" or a juicer or even a blender. If you're creative you can throw suff in it and make it splatter on a canvas and be able to sell it for millions!!!  :D  :D  :D

DSLaBuda

• Senior Modder
    • http://www.modasylum.com
1100 CFM!!!!!!
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2003, 10:02:53 AM »

Quote from: Guycaico
I am sorry but putting a fan like that in your PC is pointless. you should use that thing for a "food processor" or a juicer or even a blender. If you're creative you can throw suff in it and make it splatter on a canvas and be able to sell it for millions!!!  :D  :D  :D

exactly, what happens when it sucks your ccfl off the bottom of your case and shreds it?  even worse, your cat is walking by and a little too close to the intake....i'll not go into detail about that one..

Guycaico

• Senior Modder
1100 CFM!!!!!!
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2003, 10:09:09 AM »

Quote from: DSLaBuda
exactly, what happens when it sucks your ccfl off the bottom of your case and shreds it?  even worse, your cat is walking by and a little too close to the intake....i'll not go into detail about that one..

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

That could get a trifle messy.... have fun cleaning that up....  :wtf:

saint-oni

• Elite Modder
1100 CFM!!!!!!
« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2003, 10:09:26 AM »

get 2 of them. set them side by side. build a housing for the both of them. have 1 blow in the front, and 1 suck out the back. cool your computer, and your house. just hafta go EXTRA heavy on the fan grills/grates/steel rebar. :lol: but for real, the only thing id ever use that for is if i REALLY wanted to piss off my neighbors. think "blowgun/potato cannon".

Guycaico

• Senior Modder
1100 CFM!!!!!!
« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2003, 10:12:04 AM »

Quote from: saint-oni
but for real, the only thing id ever use that for is if i REALLY wanted to piss off my neighbors. think "blowgun/potato cannon".

Hmmm..... Sounds like a good time for everyone, now how much were those fans again.....  ;)

DSLaBuda

• Senior Modder
    • http://www.modasylum.com
1100 CFM!!!!!!
« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2003, 11:03:41 AM »

Quote from: saint-oni
get 2 of them. set them side by side. build a housing for the both of them. have 1 blow in the front, and 1 suck out the back. cool your computer, and your house. just hafta go EXTRA heavy on the fan grills/grates/steel rebar. :lol: but for real, the only thing id ever use that for is if i REALLY wanted to piss off my neighbors. think "blowgun/potato cannon".

or put two on the bottom and one on the back and make a hover case.  just ride that puppy to lan's :D
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up

Page created in 0.095 seconds with 20 queries.