GideonTech.com Forums

• November 17, 2019, 05:44:24 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: wow! intake fans are grrrreat!  (Read 598 times)

CaptnIgnit

• GT Fanatic
wow! intake fans are grrrreat!
« on: April 12, 2003, 12:19:31 AM »

yea so i got my comp and only had 2 intake fans but they are on the front of my case and blow on my HDD and are really intake fans. and i had 4 exhaust fans(negative pressure i know). so i ended up switching my side fan to intake and modding one onto 2 of my 5.25" bays. anyway, before i switched them around my proc(Athlong 2000+ w/ Volcano 7) was reporting 49-51 degree's. after adding the fans it dropped to 40-42 degree's! needless to say im very happy about the results of adding those fans=0) fyi, if you lost count i have 6 case fans and 2 PSU Fans. 4 are intake and 4 exhaust. used to have 5 case fans and 2 PSU Fans. 5 exhaust and 2(kinda) intake. getting the right balance of intake and exhaust is vital! take this as an example!

Think

• Senior Modder
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2003, 12:48:05 AM »

With your side fan(s) and rear fans set to exhaust no fresh air was getting to your proc. You had a hotspot, son! I'm just glad you fixed it. I was actually tossing around an idea in IRC the other day about changing front, rear and side fans to intake and then set blowholes at the top to exhaust. You'd have a chilly fresh air bath over your whole mobo and plenty of high airpressure in your case!

tank01

• GT Fanatic
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2003, 12:55:06 AM »

i like your idea think. i am going to try it. will post results. thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 18 queries.