GideonTech.com Forums

• November 16, 2019, 09:27:23 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lan Box Project Part 3  (Read 5661 times)

basic

• Elite Modder
Lan Box Project Part 3
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2001, 01:50:00 AM »

maybe you should give that away? think how many users would come in then. :D

Kitrik

• Case Mod Weenie
Lan Box Project Part 3
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2001, 06:38:00 PM »

you mentioned that the one downside to this case was the that the intakes on teh PSU were the wrong direction. I just looked at another site and all they did was change the shape of the PSU hole in the back so you could flip it around, thus solving that problem... Here is the link to it if you wanna check it out. I will probably end up doing this to mine so that I can use an Enermax PSU and get some serious airflow!!!

http://www.multiplaycity.com/diy/004/004diy.html">Here are pics for it and other PC-30 mods

Let me know what you think about this!

Kitrik

Trixter657

• Case Mod Weenie
Lan Box Project Part 3
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2002, 11:46:00 PM »

I am getting ready to mod a new server case and am having a hard time deciding on a digi-doc or a baybus.  One question I had would it be possible to cut the molex connector off of your neon/cold cathode lights and hook them up to the connectors on your bay bus.  If I were able to run both my lights and fans off of one "set" of switches that might help me make up my mind.  One other mod for the lights I thought up was removing the rocker switch and replacing it with a covered toggle switch like the military uses or you see on some of the flight controlers...

Any thoughts or suggestions?

dogstar

• Elite Modder
Lan Box Project Part 3
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2002, 11:49:00 PM »

yup, you sure can remove the molex from a neon/cold cathode and hook it to a bay bus, just try and use only 12 volt for the light, i think it damages them if you lower the voltage too much.
digidocs are great, but after reading all the reviews i found they werent perfect. apparently the alarm goes off pretty often and the fans keep turning on and off.

id suggest a baybus, but thats my opinion.
supra: why drive when you can fly?

honda: cause everyone needs a winter beater.

brutal

• Elite Modder
    • http://www.brutal.tk
Lan Box Project Part 3
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2002, 07:25:00 PM »

i have my CCFL's on 7volt/off/12volt and it works perfectly on 7volt just dimmer obviously.  im thinking about putting it on a rheo so i can balance the brightness with the color im looking for

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 20 queries.