GideonTech.com Forums

• July 23, 2019, 10:34:48 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Your 2.4GHz P4 could be a 3.06GHz HT in disguise  (Read 879 times)

Excess3

• Senior Modder
Your 2.4GHz P4 could be a 3.06GHz HT in disguise
« on: March 19, 2003, 02:21:10 PM »

I can't wait to see how many people fry something for the cause.
I'll probably be one of them.
http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=8359

OnlyHuman

• Senior Modder
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2003, 06:20:59 PM »

Uhhhh, no. lol

I love articles with nothing to back up claims, like where it says "surley intel doesn have one production line for one of its chips" etc etc, no proof provided of that. Its INTEL, it could very well have a differant plant for the new HT line. I mean come on, Intel is one of the most powerful businesses on the freakin planet.

Lastly of my thoughts, i would think that putting HT in older chips and not activating it would take a lot more work and money then just not putting HT tech on them in the first place. All chips are made differant, there is no reason ive ever heard that Intel production wouldnt be able to make specific batches of chips with differant kinds.

But in all, im an AMD man, so what do i care :-D

ericboz

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2003, 06:31:50 PM »

Maybe they don't have one line for the 3.06Ghz, but who knows they aren't sharing it with another upcoming HT processor?  I love things like these, gets the brain pumping in anticipation.  I heard about this a long time ago but forgot where, I read that it was slow with HT so Intel just stopped that from being factory "on" for default.

xilles

• Senior Modder
    • http://www.msnusers.com/CompBoxes/
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2003, 06:32:54 PM »

thast amazing i see that they got help from "tweakers" to hack the bios of htt mobos...it seemed to work on the no intel based chipsets...with htt supported..i might just have to go out and buy an intel based computer to try this :p

OnlyHuman

• Senior Modder
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2003, 04:32:53 AM »

Hehe, I aint saying that it isnt a possible thing. weve all seen marketing ploys like that before in processors. Just like Althlon MP chips, all anyone can figure is that they are XPs with the bridges cut as not to work with an SMP system.

hyjacked

• Elite Modder
    • http://www.hyjacked.homelinux.com
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2003, 09:55:16 AM »

actually, I've heard that any northwood core p4 has ht in it, just disabled...forget where I read this from though....was a long time ago when the 3ghz came out.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 20 queries.