GideonTech.com Forums

• October 23, 2020, 04:17:42 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: An idea..  (Read 525 times)

sonique

• Senior Modder
An idea..
« on: March 12, 2003, 11:12:47 PM »

Ok. Here's the basics:

My dad installs/services high end security and surveilence equipment, and he has this one alarm panel, sitting right next to me as i'm typing this.
This panel, has the ability to control various unit's of electrical equipment (big freezers, workshop equipment etc), while still being a very effective security measure.

What i was thinking, is using it to perform various tasks via the keypad on the alarm, like turning the computer on, and eventually kind of incorporating the two together, to 'service' eachother.

The panel is programmable via a serial connection, so that makes life easier too.

I think it would be quite cool, being able to 'control' your computer and some of it's functions via a nice pretty LCD keypad.

While maybe it is commercially available, being able to operate your toaster and such, I still like the idea of it being a part of the computer :)

Maverick-

• Case Mod Weenie
An idea..
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2003, 12:16:23 AM »

My parents have an electronic toaster, no joke.  If you want your bagel to pop up before it's time, you hit the "cancel" button.  My dad is such a nerd.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.071 seconds with 34 queries.