GideonTech.com Forums

• October 23, 2020, 04:22:38 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cheap Case (+ keyboard) Painting - Help Required  (Read 894 times)

Bennyboy

• GT Fanatic
Cheap Case (+ keyboard) Painting - Help Required
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2003, 03:27:34 PM »

hmmmm well actually if you wanted a weired textrue a paint roller would do a good job ya know like spraypaint a coat of black then paint roll the blue over it making sure notto have alot of paint on the roller would sorta give you a cool looking texture I would think atleast.

Mikecx

• Elite Modder
  • I am the Lord of the Dance
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2003, 03:35:22 PM »

Little tidbit to add. It's generally a bad idea to use paint stripper to remove the paint already on the case. First, because even the tiniest bit of resedue left over and your paint job is fubar. Second, because the manufacturer had to work pretty hard to get the paint to stay on the metal. You will be much better off just wet sanding the current paint job untill it's smooth. As for the plastic, it's your choice as to wehter or not you prime it. I've read both positive and negative for both. No matter which you choose to do, clean all the pieces, buy extra paint, wet sand, and take pictures if possible.
The hill was muddy but we made dew.

power

• Case Mod Weenie
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2003, 04:07:20 AM »

For metal case parts, use a good spray paint but for all you plastic parts (for optimal results) use a paint specifically formulated for use on plastics. "Model" paint is the paint of choice and should be available at most hobby shops not to mention Home Depot, etc
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.064 seconds with 35 queries.