GideonTech.com Forums

• March 28, 2020, 01:01:55 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Directron shipping Scam  (Read 7904 times)

Daully

• Elite Modder
Directron shipping Scam
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2003, 05:31:43 PM »

I had ordered a case for a friend off the site and he needed it asap, so i selected 2day dilivery, it took 5 days for the case to arrive, it seems to me that they are ripping people off through shipping

mile_high

• Senior Modder
Directron shipping Scam
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2003, 05:48:53 PM »

ummmm  Cavetroll...  Puerto Rico is a US territory...  so yes it is part of the United States...   if u dont think so i too suggest u get a book on Puerto Rico or just do a google search...  in fact i did it for ya..

click here

amazing how the US Congress is okaying tax cuts for Puerto Rico if its not part of the United States...  also note the 2 animated flags at the top of the page...

Cave_Troll

• Elite Modder
Directron shipping Scam
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2003, 06:19:23 PM »

Quote from: mile_high
ummmm  Cavetroll...  Puerto Rico is a US territory...  so yes it is part of the United States...   if u dont think so i too suggest u get a book on Puerto Rico or just do a google search...  in fact i did it for ya..

click here

amazing how the US Congress is okaying tax cuts for Puerto Rico if its not part of the United States...  also note the 2 animated flags at the top of the page...

I know it is a commonwealth but he was sounding like it was the 51 state.

Dr. Caligari

• Senior Modder
    • http://www.humboldthydroponics.com/
Directron shipping Scam
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2003, 06:42:54 PM »

uhm, puerto rico almost is the 51st state, they voted on it a few years back, but opted out.  Personally I think directron's customer service is horrible.  They have ok prices and great selection but horrible customer service if you have to actually talk to them.  Out of 5 orders I've placed with them, one has made it to completion.... 1, the other orders had problems with stock or "QC."

/me hides under rock

edit:ones almost made it to completion, it's got a tracking number but is not here yet /edit

Wh@d

• Senior Modder
Directron shipping Scam
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2003, 06:49:49 PM »

Quote from: Jwpincus2000
$50 is a lot to ship a case in the first place. I shipped a 30 pound radio usps for $25.

Quote from: Cave_Troll
Quote from: Wh@d
HuntsVille, Alabama.

Look at yours.

Dont you know US history???

Ill make it easier for you!!  I am a freaking U.S.A Goverment Employee in the Freaking U.S. of A...
Puerto Rico is U.S. if you didnt knew that go grab a book of US history and dont start a hate war.

You are in the middle of Red neck country, BOY!!!

BEFORE you start slaming why dont you look up I was responding to Jwpincus2000. grab a damn book yourself Puerto Rico is not U.S. what every the hell you meant by that. Oh and while you got the history book take a look at Huntsville, AL. But from such a well informed person as yourself, I doubt you know what a book is. :tool:

You are completely right about answering to Jwpincus2000 but i dont know what a book is and if so I dont know how to read.  If you know how to read you would have answered that question yourself.  I guess I did mention that I ordered "two" cases. I mean (2) get it. Now you can answer.

Ahora me voy a divertir contigo Cavetroll vamos a ver cuan incompetemte e iletrado eres. No te voy a ofender solo te voy a demostrar que no solo por que estes en Alabama te hace mas listo.
Solo te limita yo no me limito a un solo idioma. Espero que entiendas que esto de Directron me tiene enfadado. La situacion no es contigo.

:D

ReAX222

• Senior Modder
Directron shipping Scam
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2003, 06:53:12 PM »

Heythis is not deffending dirctron, but the only reliable shipping meathod is UPS.  I ship UPS/USPS/DHL/Fedex Air/ground/Frieght .  I have had problems with them all, but UPS has not created as many problems as the rest.  I ship 25-45 packages a day with ups and maybe 1 problem in 60days that was UPS fault.  The others, I don't know.  If it has to get there, UPS it.
All opinions, expressed or implied, are mine.  If you do not like it or disagree, get stuffed.

nemattoad

• Elite Modder
Directron shipping Scam
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2003, 06:59:40 PM »

I agree that UPS is reliable. I would choose fedex over them any day but thats not an argument for this thread.

I have to bash UPS now :D

their duty fees are extremly...well simply outrageous. To ship from US to canada, I HATE UPS!!!. USPS has no duty fees, well sometimes 10 dollars, but thats even rare.  Fedex does not charge crazy stuff like UPS either. The problem is that USPS has no tracking and fedex is too expensive to ship small things (to canada).

If you want cheapness go USPS
If you want reliabilty go UPS
If you want to order somethin from the states to canada (and its fairly expensive (150+) go fedex)

EDIT: And for anything that is very cheap (<20$) I would go with USPS :D

EDIT2: If you are canadian, go canadapost Xpresspost. I love that service. It is like a extremly cheap and fast UPS in canada. They have tracking and all that, I have used canadapost xpresspost at least 50 times and have not had one problem. My package has always arrived within 2-3 days of being shipped
My sig goes here

pinkpanther

• Elite Modder
    • http://community.wvu.edu/~njh005
Directron shipping Scam
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2003, 07:03:14 PM »

First of all, I have nothing but good feedback from directron.  Second, do you know how hard it would be to ship TWO computer csaes to a PO box?  Even if the other porvider could.  My guess is directron saw that it was a PO Box and didn't even try to ship it.

Dr. Caligari

• Senior Modder
    • http://www.humboldthydroponics.com/
Directron shipping Scam
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2003, 07:09:12 PM »

ups shipping to puerto rico is realy spendy, you have to ship 2nd day I think, on top of that UPS doesn't ship to PO BOX's, period.  USPS is pretty reliable, I think what Wh@d was saying is that he thinks directron didn't ship it at all on the advice from USPS, or shipped only to have it immidiately returned by USPS from the local distro. center.  Directron should have a USPS agent that they can talk to, to get a credit for the wasted shipping, they shouldn't be charging Wh@d.

My advice, get someone's extension number, call them the second that Directron lines open, call them 5 minutes before they get off work.  Call them these two times a day, 3 days, you'll get a credit for your shipping, by the 3rd day, that operator knows who you are, they know what you want, they know they never want to talk to you again, they'll bug the hell out of their boss to make your problem go away.

Evilbully

• GT Fanatic
Directron shipping Scam
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2003, 01:44:19 PM »

Quote from: Dr. Caligari
ups shipping to puerto rico is realy spendy, you have to ship 2nd day I think, on top of that UPS doesn't ship to PO BOX's, period.  USPS is pretty reliable, I think what Wh@d was saying is that he thinks directron didn't ship it at all on the advice from USPS, or shipped only to have it immidiately returned by USPS from the local distro. center.  Directron should have a USPS agent that they can talk to, to get a credit for the wasted shipping, they shouldn't be charging Wh@d.

My advice, get someone's extension number, call them the second that Directron lines open, call them 5 minutes before they get off work.  Call them these two times a day, 3 days, you'll get a credit for your shipping, by the 3rd day, that operator knows who you are, they know what you want, they know they never want to talk to you again, they'll bug the hell out of their boss to make your problem go away.

almost makes me want to place an order and hope it gets screwed up...:D
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.587 seconds with 103 queries.