GideonTech.com Forums

• August 21, 2019, 12:32:14 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: History of Modding - Anyone?  (Read 590 times)

Razorguts

• Senior Modder
History of Modding - Anyone?
« on: February 23, 2003, 08:51:56 PM »

OK, I was curious and did a search (GT search) on "History of Modding" and, to my dismay, got no results!?!?

So I'm led to ask the question about when and where modding was born... Now, Im sure this thread may have the potential to turn into one of those 10-pagers, with ppl posting 1 and 2-word replies to rack up karma, but let's try to make this an educated approach.
I'm not throwing out flame bait with that remark, guys, but seriously, Im damn curious about who the hell decided to slap a window on his case some day long ago... who started putting more fans on his case (although the whole fan craze got WAY outta hand, and luckily due to water-cooling, fan usage is calming down). Who actually thought that their HD, of all things, needed a separate cooling facility? The list goes on...

And modding today, of all things, has led to wild notions of water-cooling keyboard and mice! :) (that link/thread was nuts). At least we know modding does have its limits.  :D

OK, Im looking forward to hearing whatever wisdom you guys can muster.  And thanks in advance,

Razorguts
Herff College of Engineering

nemattoad

• Elite Modder
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2003, 08:57:01 PM »

what a cheapstake, I am gonna look into buying that...oh wait, nevermind, it was just a post in the wrong forum  :x
My sig goes here

Razorguts

• Senior Modder
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2003, 09:05:48 PM »

whoops!  I did post in the wrong forum... sorry bout that guys... I had a few too many windows going at once...

should I repost or can one of the moderators move it?

sorry again,

Razorguts

PC Freak/Nerd

• Senior Modder
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2003, 09:12:07 PM »

im guessing that it just started with smart ppl who were knowledgeable in computers(geeks), and decided that perhaps modifying a computer would make it look "cool", iono just a thought

Razorguts

• Senior Modder
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2003, 09:26:57 PM »

Im reposting in case mods... no need to move it.

Razorguts
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.077 seconds with 19 queries.