GideonTech.com Forums

• November 19, 2019, 12:13:06 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Just want to say Hi and Introduce  (Read 4871 times)

*STFU*PhirstAide

• GT Fanatic
    • http://www.teamstfu.com
Just want to say Hi and Introduce
« on: February 18, 2003, 11:32:39 AM »

Hey Everyone!! First off I would like to thank everyone on these forums for all the great adivce that is and has been given. Thanks to this site and forums I was able to complete my first Case Mod. I put in a Window on my Fiance's case. LOL. (hey i had to practice on hers first) Seeing how it was my first mod ever i think it came out ok. I don't have pics yet but will post them when I can.  I have to say that I have found a new Hobby to annoy all my friends and family with and case modding will probably be with me for a very long long time.

The window I did was a 12"x12" piece of accrylic (spelling) that I bought at Home Depot. I also bought some door molding from an auto parts store to line the window with. What I did was put the molding around the Square cut ( will do oval corners next time) and then bolted the window onto the inside of the panel with 1/8" bolts. I think it looks sweet except for the hack job i did on the molding corners.

Which leads to my question: does anyone know of a simple way to make neat corners with the molding? i tried cutting each end with a razor at a 45deg angle but it still looks like crap. any suggestions??

thanks for your time and Happy Modding.

Phirst

I LOVE ED

• Elite Modder
  • I am this forum's personal El Guapo
    • x24
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2003, 11:34:30 AM »

Welcome and I hope you and your fiancee stay together for a long time.  Modding is like a mistress :D.
My latest hobby: Down-voting QDB quotes from #geekissues.

MaxamusCrasious

• Elite Modder
    • The Site Of Doom
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2003, 11:39:08 AM »

Hola Senor!! :lol: Try just having the molding meet at a 90 degree angle. No fancy cuts. Now just remember these words of wisdom!!! CUT THEN PAINT!!!!!!

*STFU*PhirstAide

• GT Fanatic
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2003, 11:39:45 AM »

Thanks x24. I appreciate the warning. lol. By the way....do you or does anyone for that matter know where I can buy that molding in rolls? If somone could post a list of stores or auto shops that would be helpfull.

RaceMyPc

• GT Fanatic
did
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2003, 11:40:42 AM »

did you try to just shove the molding in the corner??? this is why people usally do rounded corners...but oh well my friend did a window and it doesn't look  bad even without molding.....ah wait i understand now what you did real molding goes between the window and the metal of the case but you just bolted the window on and trying to put the molding on top of it??   well good luck...another thing you could do is get like window molding maybe 3/4 wide and use that instead of the rubber stuff

here my friends window >>>>>  

MaxamusCrasious

• Elite Modder
    • The Site Of Doom
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2003, 11:43:24 AM »

Now he should put a window in the door. I did and it looks nice. A little hot glue held it in nice. But I had groves on the door (The Cheiftech Matrix)

*STFU*PhirstAide

• GT Fanatic
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2003, 11:44:27 AM »

Thanks for the quick reply people.

RaceMyPc. I used the molding you can find in auto shops to protect your door edges. it actually wasn't made for windows. it's the "c" shape kind if you get what i mean. It wasn't the kind that you put around the edges and then put the windo in.

MaxamusCrasious. Thanks for the tip. I will try that with a bit of extra I have and see how it looks.

RaceMyPc

• GT Fanatic
yes
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2003, 11:47:53 AM »

i understand....and i should have been more detailed about what i was trying to say.......you know that wood molding they use for like around doors and stuff......well they sell it at home depot for 37 cents a foot......and 1/2 inch to 3/4 inch isnt a bad size.....to get...but thats what i was trying to say...idk how the wood will look painted but it shouldn't look bad

MaxamusCrasious

• Elite Modder
    • The Site Of Doom
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2003, 11:49:56 AM »

If you paint it to match the case or completely contrast the case it will look cool.

Marsupial

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2003, 11:52:48 AM »

Quote from: merlinicorpus
Its not nessasary to create a thread to introduce yourself.  So called "newbie threads" just invite flame wars.  When your entire thread says, "Hey, I have loved GT for a long time, and I just registered!" your just asking for people to flame you.

from this thread

my suggestion: if its a question, topic it as a question.

sorry if it sounds being rude.

Ok- casing. why 3 windows????????????????

molding - oval window is the best, or round. Can't you manage your window corners somehow?

what kind of moulding do you use? C-type?

hope to be usefull.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 20 queries.