GideonTech.com Forums

• April 25, 2017, 09:39:37 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Read this before posting! (FAQ/Rules)  (Read 153930 times)

merlinicorpus

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Modder
  • One with the corn.
    • merliniworks
Read this before posting! (FAQ/Rules)
« on: February 13, 2003, 04:59:58 PM »

You should read everything here before posting anywhere.  My one unforgivable sin is asking something that is covered in this thread.  There is absolutely no excuse for not reading this before posting a question answered here.

User Levels

There are 4 user levels:

Case Mod Weenie - 0 posts
GT Fanatic - 30 posts
Senior Modder - 150 posts
Elite Modder - 1000+ posts

All users have access to all forums except for Case Mod Weenie. They are not allowed into the Contests and Giveaways and Up For Sale forums.

Moderators will have the option to give and remove credit as they fit.

Credits

Credits can be used to purchase special goods through the shop.

You gain 5 credits per new topic, 2 credits per new post.

Moderators will have the option to give and remove credit as they fit.

Karma user dishing and taking is back!

Users are now allowed to applaud or smite another user. If the user provides helpful insight, applaud them with a + for their troubles. GT Fanatics and above are allowed to play with karma.

Moderators still have the option to give and take karma.  This means, if you post crap, ask pointless questions, or if we have to edit/lock your post, we either lower or zero your karma.  So if your karma takes a dip, hit your recent posts button.  If you still cant figure it out, PM one of the moderators. Do not create a thread or post in one asking why your karma dropped!  You will lose even more karma!

Free Picture Hosting

If you are interested in showcasing your Project, you may upload your work to the Projects Gallery. The gallery lets all registered forum members upload pictures. The benefit of this system, is that it allows for viewers to view your work in a gallery format and comment on each picture. You can also set up private passworded galleries.  If you are a member on the forums, you DO NOT have to register again.  Items hosted in the VP gallery are Hotlink Protected meaning they will not work if hotlinked to other sites.  Here is the run down for members:

Case Mod Weenie - 5MB of space, 60KB per image
GT Fanatic - 10MB of space, 120KB per image
Senior Modder - 20MB of space, 240KB per image
Elite Modder - 60MB of space, 2MB per image

Use the VP Gallery to host pictures of your mods, your signature, and other images for forum posting.

Inappropriate images will be deleted at our discression.

Advertising

The Gideontech forums are not to be used for free advertising.  If you want to purchase advertising, please contact one of the admins.

Signatures

Please keep signatures tasteful and formatted for the forums.  Keep 56k members in mind - keep it to 400x100 and 35kb MAXIMUM

An avatar cannot be over 80X80 pixels in size

Special Areas

Please read the first section about User Levels.

Forums Accounts

If you are locked out of your account, DO NOT CREATE ANOTHER ONE. E-mail one of the admins or moderators listed in the 'Contact Us' page on the main site.

Censored Words

There are certain words and phrases that will be censored on the forums. There is no list, so when you see **** in your post, you've found one. Do not try and work around the censor, you'll just be sorry.

Warez

It's a pretty simple concept, you post about warez, and you get banned.  If you talk about owning them, asking where to get them, offering to give them to someone else, ask for support on your warez, or anything else that might imply that you engage in such activity, then you are asking for it.  We usually give one warning, but after that, don't be surprised if you can't get back in.

Outwar, and other lame clicking contests we care nothing about.

Post a link to Outwar, or any sort of contest for accumulated links, and you will incur my wrath.  This is an automatic karma zeroing offence.  Second offences are grounds for banning. Believe it or not, people really don't care about, or want to be one of, the few morons that you "tricked" into clicking your link.

BBCode in Thread Titles

For the last time... BBCode doesn't work in the topic titles.  Even if it did, the titles are already bold so it wouldn't accomplish anything anyway.

Netiquette

These aren't so much rules as they are helpful hints for getting a reply and not ticking people off while on the internet.  Everyone should definatly take a look at this thread, particuarly if you are new to forums or the internet in general.

http://forums.gideontech.com/index.php?topic=8253.0
« Last Edit: October 17, 2005, 11:06:15 PM by BalefireX »

chase!

• Elite Modder
  • The Internet!
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2003, 05:05:09 PM »

Thank you Merlinicorpus. Hopefully the threads with stupid questions will stop popping up.

merlinicorpus

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Modder
  • One with the corn.
    • merliniworks
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2003, 05:06:41 PM »

Quote from: error
Thank you Merlinicorpus. Hopefully the threads with stupid questions will stop popping up.

Oh I doubt it... the "post first, read later" syndrome seems to be rather prevalent, but you never know.

Ni4Ever

• Senior Modder
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2003, 05:23:41 PM »

I just have one question, I'll ask it here so you don't get mad, How do you upload the Image to you sig? I can't seem to figure it out.

"If you make something Idiot proof, there's always someone who comes out with a bigger Idiot"

merlinicorpus

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Modder
  • One with the corn.
    • merliniworks
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2003, 05:30:23 PM »

Quote from: Ni4Ever
I just have one question, I'll ask it here so you don't get mad, How do you upload the Image to you sig? I can't seem to figure it out.

"If you make something Idiot proof, there's always someone who comes out with a bigger Idiot"

Well, first off you need to find somewhere to host it.  Then its just a matter of using BBCode or HTML in your signature to add it.

Ni4Ever

• Senior Modder
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2003, 05:32:11 PM »

Oh, I get it now... thanks man! Props!

ATFNegotiator

• Senior Modder
  • Legend - God - Hero?
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2003, 08:38:11 PM »

what's karma?

JUST KIDDING :D

TheLightShadow05

• Senior Modder
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2003, 10:31:50 PM »

Im just curious but how much karma can you give?

merlinicorpus

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Modder
  • One with the corn.
    • merliniworks
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2003, 10:40:25 PM »

I can give an unlimited amount of karma.

slayer5002

• Senior Modder
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2003, 10:49:08 PM »

This reminds me of the Radiohead song "Karma Police"
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Up

Page created in 0.063 seconds with 19 queries.