GideonTech.com Forums

• October 23, 2020, 04:51:06 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Linux Beowulf Project  (Read 1312 times)

DarkBacon

• Senior Modder
Linux Beowulf Project
« on: January 02, 2002, 03:48:00 PM »

Hey all.  Just for a little background I am a senior in Virginia's Commonwealth Governor's School.  Every year we are assigned to do a yearlong project called a culminating activity.  This year I choose to first learn how to use Linux (Gonna try and get RedHat 7.2) and then set up a bunch of computers in parallel processing.  The idea is to use a bunch of "old" computers and turn them into a supercomputer.  If I can get everything to work right I plan on donating the entire system to my school (They like that sort of thing).  My problem is that right now I only have one computer (I have an 8 port Netgear switch for the computers to communicate) and I would like 8.  If anyone has any old computer stuff lying around and would like to donate it...please contact me via this forum or my email Shantz_Man@Hotmail.com  I don't know maybe I can work out a deal to use the extra gigaflops of computing power for the rc5 client.  In any case I would appreciate it if anyone could help me out.

DarkBacon

• Senior Modder
Linux Beowulf Project
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2002, 03:50:00 PM »

Oh yah, if you guys need any extra info just contact me and I can arrange to have some information sent to you.  Thanks again I appreciate it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.064 seconds with 33 queries.