GideonTech.com Forums

• October 06, 2022, 06:49:25 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: Guide: Sony Playstation Case Mod  (Read 19307 times)

Sedmire

• Case Mod Weenie
Guide: Sony Playstation Case Mod
« Reply #40 on: March 18, 2003, 02:08:41 PM »

Well, it took me all yesterday, but I am done.  Well, just about.  I have run into a couple of problems, though:

1. No power/reset buttons.  I don't really care for a reset button, but since the power is always on, the unit COULD overheat.  I suppose unplugging it when I'm done is a good option, but the power supply is not in a position at which I can simply drill a hole and put in a button to press, so I would need to place a new button altogether, and wire it to the power supply manually.

2. "Always Closed" I initially forgot to make it so that the little button in the back of the unit was depressed - this button tells the unit that the lid is closed.  Since the lid is now completely detatched from the rest of the unit, I had to tape the button down, so that it would think that the unit was always closed.  I didn't think that this would be much of a problem, but I was playing Star Ocean 2 this morning, and when I was prompted to switch CDs, I had to unplug completely and then plug it back in, so that it would be able to tell that I had 'opened' the lid, and placed in a CD!  This is a problem, since the small button is quite "low" down in my case, making it hard to make something that will simply press it down when neccesary.  Another problem is, if I were prompted in the middle of a game to switch discs, turning the power off is NOT an option, since it would likely cause loss of data (up to the point at which the disc needs to be switched), thus resulting pretty much in an unplayable (uncontinuable?) game.

3. Noisy.  Not really a problem, as it had ALWAYS been noisy, but without a proper cover, it can get pretty bad.  Any suggestions on how to muffle the sound, if at all possible?  I am just using the normal lid from the original unit, over the CD.

I am willing to go out, and buy some switches from RadioShack, or wherever, but I need to know if anyone has the proper wiring diagrams that I might need, so that I can do this properly.

Plazmik_Knite

• Senior Modder
ACh
« Reply #41 on: April 10, 2003, 07:33:51 AM »

Where can I buy a PSX for like under 50 bux. ANy ideas? I think maybe ****. Also, I'm trying this for my freshman project and I have a few questions. How would I have the PSX display on the actual PC monitor? I saw earlier in the thread something about that, but can anybody elaborate?
King Kong Aint Got sh*t On Me

Sedmire

• Case Mod Weenie
« Reply #42 on: April 10, 2003, 08:46:04 AM »

30 bucks used at gamestop, pal

Vcdman

• Case Mod Weenie
    • http://www.movie-godz.com
:-? Anyone Got Any Pictures
« Reply #43 on: April 22, 2003, 08:20:43 PM »

Hey,
SOrry if anyone had any seious questions pelase email em at vcdman@usa.com and also i really really really want to see pics of these things done, and any suggestions for the guide to fix anything or explain anything extra they had trouble with, please let me know.
Thanks,
Vcdman

Sedmire

• Case Mod Weenie
« Reply #44 on: April 23, 2003, 12:30:56 AM »

How about a "wiring guide" for power/reset/tray open switches?
especially the tray open switch, you can't play 2-cd games without one that works properly.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up

Page created in 0.098 seconds with 34 queries.